Joining the BFC Team
BFC prides itself in the care and treatment of those in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta. In that endeavor, we look for people that share the mission and vision of the organization. BFC offers benefits for regular employees to include:ll regular employees
- Annual Retention Bonuses for all regular employees
- Employee health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) enrollment upon the date of hire
- Seven (7) regular and four (4) floating Holidays per year
- Paid Time Off starting at fifteen (15) calendar days or three (3) weeks per year
- Bi-weekly Pay Periods twenty-six (26) total per year
BFC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment as protected by State and Federal laws without regard to race, sex, color, religion, orientation, national origin, disability, and veteran status. Contact the Human Resources Generalist directly to apply at 907-543-9854.
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (1 Opening Available)
BFC has an opening for an ANP or PA which will start in the summer of 2019. We are actively recruiting for this position now. Licensure in Alaska and DEA , current BLS is required. ACLS and PALS are highly preferred or obtained after employment. The candidate must be vetted through the credentialing and privileging process.
The successful candidate shall have graduated from a nationally accredited university in the specialty. Experience in a family (general) medicine setting is strongly preferred.
BFC serves local and regional patients throughout the region when flown in for services. BFC is a Federal Qualifies Health Center (FQHC) and a Patient Centered Home (PCMH) located in a Medically Underserved Area. The Clinic provides medical, behavioral health and dental services to all ages.
Loan repayment assistance through National Health Service Corp (NHSC) is possibly available to the candidate. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurances; EAP; generous PTO, CME, 401K enrollment on the first day of employment, and an annual retention bonus.
BFC is located in the rural Western area of Alaska. Bethel is a major “hub” for the 53 villages of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta region.
1 Opening for any of the following positions:
Record patient history and personal information
Measure vital signs, such as blood pressure
Help physicians with patient examinations
Schedule patient appointments
Prepare blood samples for laboratory tests
Enter patient information into medical records
Medical assistants take and record patients’ personal information. They must be able to keep that information confidential and discuss it only with other medical personnel who are involved in treating the patient.
Help patients to move around the facility, by doing such tasks as pushing wheelchairs
Clean equipment and facilities
Change linens and stock supplies
Utilize nursing knowledge and skills in the safe implementation of basic preventative therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care of assigned patient/family as evidenced by documentation and observation of positive patient care outcomes.
Perform delegated independent nursing functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines and standards as observed by the registered nurse.
Administer medication accurately, observing patient response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and lack of negative outcomes
Maintain and coordinate communication among patient/significant other, staff and physician as evidenced within medical record, client and health care team feedback.
Assist in assuring that effective communication exists with patient/significant other as reflected in the plan of care. Give punctual change of shift report consisting of pertinent and relevant information for assigned patients.
Work collaboratively with other members of the health care team in coordination of the patient’s care as evidenced by other department feedback.
Use available written and AV materials specific to patient condition or disease. Utilize appropriate teaching methods such as one-on-one and group instruction, demonstration or discussion.
Assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
Answer and refer telephone calls or other inquires to ensure accurate and timely communications are facilitated.
Assesses the full scope of patient needs using the nursing process on a continuous basis.
Provides point of care assistance to the providers in the practice.
Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and co-workers through identifying and/or correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
Cooperates with distribution of resources to maintain a therapeutic environment.
Maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and co-workers.
Accountable for nursing practice through planned and continuous professional growth and development.
Uses knowledge and judgment needed to meet the nursing needs of the patient.
Serves in a leadership role through clinical practice, supervision, teaching and research.
BFC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment as protected by State and Federal laws without regard to race, sex, color, religion, orientation, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
The Finance/ Accounting Manager is responsible for all accounting and auditing responsibilities, assisting the Executive Director in establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The position also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles are utilized. This is a partial description of the position responsibilities. A full description of the job is available at your request.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in accounting, business or finance is required.
- Experience: 3 or more years of direct experience in managing an accounting function in a medium- or large-size company.
- Specialized Skills: Use of electronic accounting software; Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) knowledge and experience.* Experience in healthcare accounting is strongly preferred.
- Preferred Qualifications: 6 or more years of experience in managing an accounting function in a medium- or large-size healthcare company.
- Background Check: A background check is required for this position.
- Supervisory: Responsible for the billing and accounting team members.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Responsible for supervising the accounting procedures for BFC.
- Audit responsibility for BFC for the requirements necessary to meet the specifications of the financial and HRSA oversight agencies.
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, of major importance.
- Advises the Executive Director on matters of fiscal procedure and importance for the organization.
- Works with, organizes and schedules all reporting to the Compliance Consultant for BFC.
- Ensures compliance with the financial procedures of the organization.
- Responsible for all Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, taxes, bank reconciliations, monthly and adhoc reporting.
- Works as the back-up to the HR Generalist for payroll processing and management.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data to the Executive Director with required and ad-hoc reports.
- Financial Management.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management
*Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) refer to a common set of accounting principles, standards and procedures that companies must follow when they compile their financial statements. GAAP is a combination of authoritative standards (set by policy boards) and the commonly accepted ways of recording and reporting accounting information.
Professional references are required.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience: Two years of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Licenses, Certifications:
- Specialized Skills: Experience with plumbing, electrical wiring, and general and finish carpentry including sheetrock repair and door maintenance. General knowledge about maintenance and service of heating and ventilation systems. Able to safely use related power tools that may be required to perform the work.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Performs routine maintenance on building exteriors and interiors.
- Flags to the Operations Director vendor and/or contractors for necessary building repairs and emergencies that are outside of the scope of routine maintenance.
- Maintains a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when next service is due.
- Works in a safe manner and recognizes unsafe situations. Takes appropriate actions to ensure safety of themselves and others in the building.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please Click the Link Below for Application.